12 Steps Companion app for iPhone and iPad
112 ratings )
Health & Fitness
Current version: 126.96.36.199
, last update: 7 months ago
First release : 13 Nov 2008
App size: 29.38 Mb
**FEATURED ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA**
The ORIGINAL & MOST COMPREHENSIVE sobriety tool available for members of Alcoholics Anonymous. With a feature packed Big Book reader, search tool, sobriety calculator, notes, AA contacts database and more, your experience is unmatched! Every member of AA will find this app very useful yet quite simple to use.
Also, be sure to check out our 12 Steps Speakers app for AA, NA, CA, OA and Al-Anon.
• Available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad!
• Completely rebuilt with great, new features, functionality and layout improvements
- Beautiful new icon and app design.
• ANONYMOUS ICON
- To protect anonymity, the actual app icon does not show references to AA
• SOBRIETY CALCULATOR
- View your length of sobriety each time the app is opened
- Calculate the length of sobriety of all your friends
• THE BIG BOOK
- Highlight text!
- Adjustable font size.
- Collapsible index categories.
- Built in dictionary. Select a word to define
- Read the main 164 pages & more
- Read 60+ stories from 1st & 2nd editions
- Original forewords
- Portrait or Landscape layout for reading
- Tap the screen while reading for full screen view
- Page numbers for the main 164 pages
- Quickly jump to page number (page button)
- Search / Concordance Tool (magnifying glass)
- "Return to Bookmark" from any note made while reading the Big Book
- Morning prayer for "on awakening"
- Night prayer for "when we retire at night"
- Prayers from the steps
- Prayer of St. Francis
- The Big Books suggestions on prayer
- Extensive gathering of promises throughout the Big Book
- Promises on Experience, Strength and Hope
- Promises from the steps and more!
- Enhanced note sharing via Facebook, Twitter and email
- Copy and Paste or highlight text and tap the note button to auto insert text into Notes
- A great study tool
- Jot down thoughts and ideas for later
- Reach out to US central offices, areas, districts and answering services
- Tap contact buttons to immediately call, e-mail or visit their website
- Edit and add your own recovery contacts
- Contact Support for help via email from contacts
- Built in routing to find contact addresses and quick access to Maps app for specific directions
Thank you everyone that has downloaded this app! I am grateful for your support! I hope you enjoy this app as a tool in your recovery and others.
If you have any comments or concerns please visit www.deanhuff.com
BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
- Only stories from the 1st and 2nd editions could be included.
- The 12 Steps Companion can only be available to US customers.
*Big Book and Alcoholics Anonymous are registered trademarks of AA World Services.
*Please always support AA by purchasing a printed copy from your local central office
Pros and cons of 12 Steps Companion app for iPhone and iPad
12 Steps Companion app good for
I am so grateful that I found this great companion. Ill be showing this to all my friends!!!
the notes I so studiously made in meetings don’t “travel”. What I put in my iPad, doesn’t appear in my iPad, and when I stopped using my iPod, all those notes suddenly disappeared from my iPad.
I lost everything! grrrrr
One of the MOST QUOTED STORIES in a meeting, Acceptance Was the Answer ( Dr. Addict Alcoholic) is not included in the personal stories. Perhaps you could do an app update to include it. I carry my iPad to meetings and rely on it for my Big Book.
Also, when will the 12x12 be one of your apps?
This app provides me with everything I need. Got my big book and everything else .
This app is solid. The notes and highlight options are great! My only complaint is that the italicized words in the book are not present in the app. Please make this identical to the text! Italics!
Search feature is great but result remains highlighted. Unable to un-highlight it.
Some bad moments
I have used the 12 Step Companion for more than a year now, and I loved it. However, it seems the latest update has rendered it utterly useless for me because when I move from the Day counter to the Big book it lets me read only the last open story and none of the navigator buttons works anymore.
I might as well delete it and go back to my real Big Book. Bummer.
This is a very well put together and useful app. But if Im not mistaken this is only the 2nd addition of the big book. The current version being give out in AA meetings is the 4th addition. I would love to keep using this app but I hate having to refer back to my actual big book to make sure I am getting the most up to date text. I would definitely give this a 5 star review if the Dev were to update the text.
Also a bookmarking feature would be nice so I could bookmark multiple pages for study purpose.
when i first open the app it says to enter sobriety date but when you touch the screen it jumps to the big book and that is it. you can read and search the book but nothing else. none of the other features it claims to have are available. a waste of my money. do not download!
I would like my money back please.
The title made me expect guidance through the steps. My bad. But I would still like my money back please.
Sobriety tracking function? Not working on my iPad. Says to enter date but doesnt give you way to do it. No text box, keyboard doesnt come.up. Click screen, opens up contents but not way to enter date. Any advice?
I wrote my first two personal notes on my journey to sobriety and it didnt save them.
the aa app,
aa big book,
aa mobile app,
aa app - 12 steps alcoholics,
aa 12 and 12,
and other. So, download free 12 Steps Companion .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually 12 Steps Companion iOS app used & searched for